Migrate or Import Data¶
You can bring data from existing MongoDB deployments,
into Atlas using either live migration tools where Atlas assists you, or
tools for a self-guided migration of data into Atlas.
- Choose a Data Import and Migration Tool
- Choose between different tools for data import and migration based on common cluster configurations.
- Live Migrate Your Data from Ops Manager or Cloud Manager
- Use the Atlas-managed Live Migration service to push data from a live deployment in Cloud Manager or Ops Manager into Atlas. Atlas guides you through the process and ensures the Live Migration from Cloud Manager or Ops Manager to Atlas proceeds only when you are ready to start the migration.
- Live Migrate Your Data
- Use the Atlas-managed tools to bring data into Atlas. Atlas guides you through the process and ensures the migration proceeds only when you are ready to start the migration.
- Migrate Data with Self-Managed Tools
mongoimport, or MongoDB Compass to bring data into Atlas. With these tools, you manage the migration process outside of Atlas.