Serverless instances are in preview and do not support this feature at this time. To learn more, see Serverless Instance Limitations.
Atlas Search is available on all cluster tiers running MongoDB version 4.2 or later.
MongoDB's Atlas Search feature offers fine-grained text indexing to enable advanced search functionality without any additional management required. Atlas Search provides options for several kinds of text analyzers, score-based results ranking, and a rich query language.
To get started creating and querying an Atlas Search index, see the Atlas Search Tutorial.
Find out more about:
- Analyzers control the way your Atlas Search index is constructed. You can select an analyzer to customize your index to make the best use of a particular language's vocabulary and grammar, or to create an index which is language-neutral.
- Atlas Search Indexes
Learn how to create, edit, and delete Atlas Search indexes.
You can customize your index definition to take advantage of static and dynamic field mappings.
- Atlas Search Queries and Results
Construct Atlas Search queries with the $search aggregation pipeline stage. Find reference pages for the
$searchoperators with examples here.
Learn how Atlas Search ranks query results, how to return highlighted search results, and how to return detailed query plan and execution statistics for your queries.
- Performance Considerations
- Information about how Atlas Search affects database performance and how to monitor resource usage.
- Atlas Search Free and Shared Tier Limitations
- Information about the Atlas Search limitations on