Perform CRUD Operations in Atlas¶
The Data Explorer is Atlas' built-in tool to view and interact with your data. You can use the Data Explorer to:
- Manage Databases and Collections in your database deployments.
- Manage Documents in your collections.
- Manage Indexes on your collections.
- Create and run aggregation pipelines to process data in your collections.
- Shard Global Clusters.
Atlas supports all Data Explorer features for serverless instances except the Search tab.
To learn more, see Serverless Instance Limitations.
Access Data Explorer¶
To access the Data Explorer:
- Click Databases in the top-left corner of Atlas.
- Click Browse Collections for your desired database deployment.
Or, if you are already viewing a specific database deployment, select the Collections tab.
Data Explorer Read Behavior¶
Data Explorer reads from the primary unless the primary is unavailable. If the primary is unavailable, Data Explorer reads from a non-hidden, non-delayed secondary member.
Disable Data Explorer¶
Data Explorer is enabled by default. To disable Data Explorer:
Set the Data Explorer toggle to Off.¶
To enable Data Explorer, set the toggle to On.